Plan Your Health
planning is vital before you set out for journey. Consult your
doctor and take the necessary vaccination. Carry a first aid kit
If undertaking a particular medication carry your medicines
with you. Before finalizing your trip make sure you are in good
health and ready for the schedules ahead.
Ensure Your Safety
In the last few years many foreign tourists have been reported missing
in some areas of the valley. Just see to it that you don't travel
alone and while doing so be careful.
- Taking Marijuana that grows extensively wild in the valley
- Beware of the travel agents and hotel agents who throng you
as you arrive at the bus stations. It would be advisable to
make your reservation before coming to the valley.
- It is worthwhile to drive slow in the mountains as the roads
in some parts of the valley aren't in that good condition and
there are blind turns at some places.
- For trips and excursions go only to government recommended
travel agents and stay in hotels and guest houses which are
registered with the government.
- Don't hesitate in checking the identity cards of tourist guides
- Foreigners who wish to overstay should contact the nearest
- Leave your valuable articles in lockers or safe deposits provided
by the hotels.
Be Eco - Friendly
Kullu, proudly called the Valley of Gods by its inhabitants is
on the verge of loosing its serene beauty and rich heritage. In
order to upkeep the piousness of the valley sincere efforts are
needed to be made. You can help the Valley by planning your visit
in an organized manner.
- Those using mineral water can carry some water container with
them and instead of buying mineral water everytime they can
put water purifying tablets in their containers. Besides saving
your money it would also help in maintaining ecosystem of Kullu,
as on being thrown here and there they do but pamper pollution.
- Use less of plastics. Refuse to accept poly bags from shopkeepers,
this will help in spreading awareness amongst them and they
might put an end to this practice of theirs.
- Do not leave non-biodegradable articles here and there.
- Do not litter. Help uphold the divine abode of Gods