(1760m), 25km from Kullu is situated in the north of the valley
to the left bank of river Beas. This ancient village is splendid
in nature and preserves the rich traditions of the past.
Naggar, the capital of Kullu for over 1500 years has a number
of interesting temples surrounding the village. Naggar Castle,
the galleries and museums and amicable surroundings invite thousands
of tourists every year.
Murlidhar Temple, Thawa
temple of Murlidhar or Lord Krishna is situated at
a distance of 3km from Naggar amidst lush green jungles and refreshing
The temple possesses idols of Krishna, Radha, Laxminarayan, Garuda,
Tripura Sundri Temple
This temple is situated at a distance of 1km from Naggar bus stand.
The temple is built in pagoda style and contains idols of various
gods & goddesses.
Castle was built by Raja Sidha Singh about 500years ago. It was
converted into a heritage hotel by Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development
Corporation in 1978. There is a museum in the castle and a small
Jagatipatt temple in the premises, which contains a slab that
is believed to be carried here by bees.