Permits requires for trout angling can be obtained from the following
1. Tourist Information Centre, Manali.
2. Senior Fisheries Officer, Katrain, Kullu.
3. Sub- Inspector of Fisheries, Kullu.
4. Tourist Information Centre, Kullu.
5. Fisheries Field Assistant, Jari (Parbati valley)
6. Sub-Inspector of Fisheries, Larji.
7. Fisheries Officer, Nagni (Near Banjar)
8. Assistant Director of Fisheries, Mandi.
9. Senior Fisheries Officer, Mandi.
10. Fisheries Officer, Barot (District Mandi).
One permit allows six fishes, each fish having minimum length
Conditions under which the license is issued:
1. The license holder shall not catch or kill or sell any fish
of the following species less than the length shown against each:
(1) Mahseer (Tor putitora) 30 cm, (2) Trout (Salmo fario) 25 cm,
(3) Gid (Labeo Dero) 25 cm, (4) Common carp (Cyprinus carpio)
30 cm, (5) Catla or Theila (Catla oatla) 45 cm, (6) Rohu (Labeo
Rohita) 40 cm, (7) Mori (Cirrhina marigala) 30 cm, (8) Silver
carbs (hypophthalmic thys molytrix) 45 cm, (9) Gugli or Saloh
(Schiozothorax plagiostomous) 25 cm.
2. The destruction or attempting to destroy fish by gun, spear,
bow and arrow and like instruments or pollution of waters by trade
affluents or by use of 'PHAI' 'JHATCA' or any other method not
defined in the in the rule is prohibited.
3. The license holder shall not engage or employ any person to
help him with his fishing gear unless the person so employed is
also a license holder.
4. The license holder in river and streams within 100 metres from
any bridge shall use no fishing gear except rod and line.
5. Every license holder shall be bound to show his license to
any person empowered under section 8 of H.P. Fisheries Act, 1976.
6. The license is not transferable.
7. The license holder is bound to report the Deputy Commissioners
or any other Fisheries Officer or Police Office of any breach
of rules that come to his notice.
8. Fishing is not permitted in any water closed to fishing by
any rule notified under section 3 (1) of the H.P. Fisheries Act
1976 and described as closed to fishing shown in schedule
9. No person shall catch any trout during the period from 1st
November to last day of February each year. The license holder
shall catch not more than six trout in a day.
10. The holder of a trout-fishing license shall fill in a proforma
and return to the Director of Fisheries on the expiry of the license.